Friday, September 17, 2010

Recovery Report VI

last night, i received a phone call from malaysia. the caller is my long-lost co-worker as well as business partner when i was in klang. he received news about my illness (i didn't know i'm so famous that my news can travel 400km to klang) and had been trying very hard to contact me.

i can tell from his voice how much he worried about me and how anxious he was to find out abt my condition. i was very touched. at the moment, how i wish i could see him face to face and give him a good hug. shortly after we hung up, my phone rang again. this time it was from a boy who used to work for us when i was in klang. he even remembered the funny nickname i gave him 6 years ago.

when i was down with all the bad effects, there r numerous nights i thought of going back to klang for a visit. in fact one of the biggest regret i had at that time, was that i nvr pay klang a visit before i started my treatment. i missed ah bin ba kut teh, i missed ah peh ba chang, i missed the taman sentosa char kway teow, i missed the chicken feet in pulau ketam. i missed my good friend, and this cute little boy who adores me alot in the past.

they promised me that shortly they'll pay me a visit in singapore. i can't wait for the day to come. it would be even better if i could be there, but i doubt i'm fit to travel based on my current condition.

last thursday, i had some new side effects. my voice turned hoarse, my puffy face and neck become more puffy. i started to get some giddiness, some head-spinning feeling when i walk. i dun feel weak, but i just seems to hv problem balancing myself.

i rested over the long weekend, and i felt slight improvement at the beginning of the week. i called my treatment coordinator, told her about what i experienced, she said these r normal side effects pple may encounter after treatment, there's no need to be alarmed.

life is really unpredictable for me. it's been two months after my treatment, and seems like my health condition is ever-changing. i had quite difficult times coping with all these changes, but nothing is more difficult than the 2 months of hell period that i'd gone through during the treatment.

the only good improvement that i'd seen in myself over the last one week is, i finally can eat a little bit of spicy food. i can eat the green chilli which served with wanton noodles. this morning, i tried big red cut chilli and it's acceptable too. i'm really looking forward to trying out curry, one of the food i missed for months.




2 comments:

  1. The only good thing that takes place in this episode for you is that you know that at least people do care for you.

    It is always in difficulties times that you begin to realize these thoughts/actions by others has a significant meaning to you.

    No words of encouragement comes sweeter than the time one needs...

    Depsite these discomforts that you have right now, don't forget the goodness of sincere care for you (by each of us) has proportional increases as well.

    Focus on what you have gained than lost always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. continue to press on gege!

    ReplyDelete