Monday, January 3, 2011

happy new year

2010 is the worst year i had in my life. i'm not superstitious to see this as an inauspicious number, i just can't help relating it to all the painful memories.

just finished watching a hk drama series: When A Dog Loves A Cat. Gallen Lo was a NPC patient. After treatment, he had some good times and then the cancer relapsed, infected the lungs and shortened his life to just a 6 month period. initially, he was depressed and upset over his misery life. he realised that it didn't help in changing the situation, so he lived with it, changed his attitude and spent his remaining days meaningfully.

it's just a show and it's exaggerated to contrast the changed in his life before and after the cancer relapsed. still, this can happen to me, anytime. i'm not fearful of death, but i'm 100% intimidated by the power of Cancer. from the day my dad fell unconscious at home to the day he departed, it took less than 25 days. anything is possible, for life is so unpredictable.

i asked myself, if today my doctor told me my cancer relapsed and i'm left with half a year, what will i do. it didn't take me much consideration to come out with this answer: i'll go back to work, save more money for my family before i leave them.


2 comments:

  1. As human beings, our thoughts changes in the time and environment we are situated... If you have not this illness, your next plan in life would probably be having a kid. But realistically there are some many things in life that are beyond our control. This comes especially more vivid as our age catches up. For my priority now, is to establish a higher height in my career. Nevertheless, there are these much I can do due to corporate politics...

    So bro, plan as you wished but don't choked yourself down in terms of rigid figures you want to achieve. Sometimes and somethings had greater control over what each planned and might not be worthy for a fight either. Striking a balance is the key for all to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gege, many blessings for the new year. May you be blessed with a peaceful mind, healthy body and strong spirit this year. Regards to Tang Sao and JFJJ. Take good care

    ReplyDelete