Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Recovery Report III

just when i thought i was doing pretty well, i had some setbacks last week. my first and only run lasted less than 1.5km. my knees were painful and i felt my steps floating in the air. the next day i had a slight fever. didn't know if it was caused by the run, but i stopped the run since then. as i said, it's not time to practice heroism. i know my limit.

the fever actually put me back on medication (some antibiotics), quite demoralising. my final blood test from the chemo doctor was pretty good except my white blood count was still a bit low. that ended my hopefully final visit to the chemo doctor (i won't be seeing Dr. DL anymore).

over this period of time, my taste bud improves a little bit. all the food r still tasteless, but the marigold peel fresh orange juice no longer taste (or smell?) like plastic, it taste more like orange juice now, except that it's neither sweet nor sour.

yesterday, i started my first day of work. it was really a mixture of good and bad feelings. after such a long break, it's difficult to get my engine started. u know, i now have the habit of taking afternoon nap. hahaha...

it's good to be working. a person who doesn't work feels left out by the society. there's no difference between weekdays and weekends, no difference between mid month and end-month. there's nothing to look forward to, and most importantly, i feel sick.

first day of work, the worst thing in the day happened during lunch time. i ordered a can of oldenlandia water and it taste like... beyond description. maybe you can try imagine the water you used to wash uncooked rice, then left in the open for a few days. 臭酸.

so, one more item added to the untouchable list.


3 comments:

  1. Okay lar. As long as back to normal lifestyle (with work),then let the rest of your norms take time to reinstate.

    I mean you cannot run as far before you can walk that much yet right? It's like born again, learn how to stand(least u did not get thru this phase) before you walk and run...

    ReplyDelete
  2. du ping gege, it sounds like life is getting better :) i'm going to be home in Dec, can I visit? Ny

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya dun be a hero to try to run. can walk the same distance not bad liao.
    since u started working then everyday like having some exercise(walking) alreadi.
    shaoxiong.

    ReplyDelete