Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Recovery Report IV

life is so unpredictable. things seems to turn better and worse in different aspects.

i considered myself to have resumed my regular runs, but non of the session lasted more than 2.5km. my legs can bring me further, but i'm just like a fish, after 2.5km, my throat and mouth become so dry that i could just vomit.

the ringing in the ears r getting worse than before and this could hv deteriorate into a psychological problem. my ears r now so sensitive to high frequency noise that i started to get confuse between noise from the surrounding and ringing in the ears. i started to get frustrated over all these "ringings", but there's nothing i can do.

for no reason, my mouth seems to become drier than before. the surrounding of my mouth started to stick to my gum, causing sores on the mouth. drinking more water does no help at all. due to this, i'm once again dependent on the oral spray (lubricant), carrying it along with me all the time, even during the run (how am i going to hold this and run a marathon?).

sounds demoralising? no, there r some goodies coming along with these. i'd regained more sense of taste. i think now i can get 10% of sweetness, 5% of saltiness and 15% of sourness. though quite pathetic, but my life is no longer tasteless! this contributes so much motivation to eat that i brought my wife to steamboat buffet last saturday. the feeling.... GREAT!

two days ago, i went back to ncc for medical review, the doctor did a scope into my nose and he comment that it's "healing" pretty well. i didn't ask what he meant by "pretty well", i guess at this point of time nobody dare to jump into conclusion (neither do i need any assumption).

overall, i'm still glad with what i am now. nothing can be worse than the last two weeks of treatment. i'm getting myself mentally prepared that some of these side effects will become part of my life until the day i die.


2 comments:

  1. It's obviously easier for me to comment (as below) ... than for you to actually live with it (these side effects).

    A lot of things are beyond our control (you should have witness it these while) and we simply have to abide to the law of nature that we cannot make certain changes. Nevertheless, we are given the will to choose how we would want to face them (each instances) in our own preferred spirits. And this is the key...

    Perhaps cannot participate in future marathons may be a distress to you now. Least however do remember that you had did that once where many have not even reaches the race line their entire life.

    As I mentioned much earlier... focus less on what you have lost and cultivate new targets/objectives you can reach. The bottom-line is never let yourself feel sorry about what you had lost.

    You just won't know what better stuffs are waiting in front of you.

    Be patience, hopeful always...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew of these chinese herb call the 'yang sang' can help for thorat dryness. You can request them to cut into small pieces and then suck them one piece at a time like sweet whenever you feel your throat is dried. You can ate them up until when is totally no taste.

    Give it a try. After all is a very natural herb and no harm to the body.

    You mind decide who you are so dont say negative word. Just stay happy :)

    ReplyDelete