Sunday, October 10, 2010

my first 10km

with the hydration belt on, the longest run i did was 6km. i felt quite uncomfortable wearing it, but it really solved my hydration problem. without water, i can never run beyond 3.5km.

today is 101010. it's also the event day for Mizuno Wave Run. i signed up this run together with mizuno mt faber run way before i started my treatment. at that time, i thought the mt faber run marks the beginning of my treatment, and the wave run should mark my recovery from the treatment. if i'm able to do the wave run, it probably means i'd recovered. of course that was just my initial thought.

before the run, i was feeling a bit stress up as i doubt i could do the 10km. in fact, i had some bad dreams last night. i don't quite remember what they were all abt, but mostly related to the run itself. i know there's no big deal even if i dropped out halfway, i'm just hoping that life can slowly return back to normal.

a friend of mine ran the mt faber run with me. today, my sister ran with me. i think i'm really fortunate to have all the support from family and friends during my toughest time.

as i said, i had no confident running 10km without walking. it's been more than 4 months i last did a 10km. so we started off slow and maintained the pace throughout. when i felt tired, i'll tuck in a bit and slow down a little. i gained my confidence when i crossed the 7.5km mark. and i was glad to realise that i could still go further.

i took 1hr 19 minutes to finish the 10km. it's not fantastic, but i love it and i accept it as my personal best timing. i don't need to beat other pple, i just need to beat myself and i did it.




2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you've made it!! And I must say, I have learnt a lot from you over the last few months.

    YT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DPGG, I feel really happy for you after reading this entry. Hope to see you really soon, I'm coming home Dec.

    ReplyDelete