Sunday, October 3, 2010

Recovery Report VIII

it's 2am in the morning and i just came back from outside. friday night, i got a phone call from my klang friend, he and the boyboy would be driving out to singapore on saturday to pay me a visit. the news got me so excited i almost couldn't sleep. 有朋自远方而来,不亦乐乎。

we had not seen each other for more than 5 years. in fact for no reason, we didn't even contact each other for 5 years. still i never forget the time when i was in klang. it was one of the most carefree period of my life. i hv far too many good memories when we work and play together.

they reached my house at 8pm (after 5 hours drive). the boyboy has grown to be a man bigger than me (in size). it seems like yesterday that we were walking side by side and i just rest my arm on his shoulder. now he's too tall for that. hahaha...

my klang friend brought many fresh fishes to me, and two boxes of bird nest. he's not doing very well at the moment, so from the gift, it's not difficult to tell how much he valued me as a friend.

we just sat in the coffee shop catching up all the lost stories for five hours, then they started driving back to klang. imagine that's how they burned 15 hours of their precious weekend.

friendship is priceless. i dun think i need to do anything more to show how much i welcome them. i know they can feel it, and i can feel it.

the past one week is again a better week for me. after applying the ear lotion, the ringing seems to reduce a lot. still ringing, but it's much "softer". i tried bringing some water during my run, and i could finally run more than 4km. i bought a hydration belt hopefully it helps to prolong my running. next sunday would be the mizuno wave run. it would be my first 10km run after the treatment. i thought if i'm able to last 10km (without walking), i shall post the finisher medal to Dr. DL to express my gratitude in his effort and encouragement.




2 comments:

  1. Take care. I have beginning to realise running and food are your 2 biggest motivator.

    shaoxiong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you've made it!! And I must say, I have learnt a lot from you over the last few months.

    YT.

    ReplyDelete