Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Chemotherapy Session V

i wasn't very happy to know that i'm able to go for my chemotherapy today. when i asked my treatment coordinator abt my liver enzyme, she didn't give me a fantastic smile, just a very cold "it's getting better". maybe that's the reason why having a MBBS, she is still not able to practice in Singapore. she'll make her patient very worry.

so i dunno what's going on inside (but i saw the blood test report, my blood count is acceptable). maybe my liver has started to rot, except that they'd decided to save my life and fuck care my liver.

whether i can or cannot make it next week for my chemo, that would be my last session before my radio is on. my radio has been fixed to start on 9th june, every weekday 1030 , the concurrent chemo (more powerful chemicals) would be on 10th june, every thursday. shell making and MRI on 25th may, CT-Scan on 26th may. take care my friends, i'm going for a 7 weeks tour to hell. hahaha...

this round i could really see how space limited is NCCS. i was brought into a 5-foot way, where at the centre of the path were 3 couches for patient to do their chemo. what an experience, doing chemo in a corridor.

although i was told that the dosage has been reduced (due to my liver), i was feeling far too tired compared to the past few sessions. so much so that i had problem getting up from the couch after i finished the treatment. the feeling is like i'd not been sleeping for 3 days, then finally doze off for 5 minutes but was forced to wake up.

the nurse saw me having problem getting off, she said, "nvm, u can rest a while before u go."

u know the problem with cancer patient is that, they dun take the words as what they mean. i know the nurse was being very kind. if she didn't make such an offer, i would hv request to rest a while before i go. her offer made me think of the crowd waiting outside to come in. while i'm resting inside, somebody is waiting outside, to be cured. so the nurse offer became a comment, "u can only rest a while, then u must go."

i struggled to get up and rejected the kind offer. the nurse got a little bit worried, but i assured her that i was just feeling tired, i'll be fine after taking a walk.

surprisingly, this time round the runny nose came even before i reached home. first time in my life sneezing make me feel exhausted.


No comments:

Post a Comment