Saturday, May 8, 2010

why?

this is a question many pple would ask. why you? why me?

"... I didn't do anything to screw myself up or cause my cancer. And I don't think getting cancer is a punishment or bad karma paying me back for all the bad things I'd done in my life..."

i dun like to look back. trying to analyse the cause is an act of looking back, which does not help me getting forward. but this book is interesting. when i read this part, i recalled something happened in the past.

my wife was in the OT removing the cyst. the doctor told me if the cyst is malignant, my wife may need to go thru the cancer treatment. waiting outside the OT, there's nothing i can do. i prayed that if my wife need to go thru such physical and mental torture, let it fall on me instead.

maybe somebody just need to go thru these shit. god need to select some one to fill up the quota. while shortlisting my social circle (could be ur social circle), he found that i'm the best candidate becos i'm the strongest. if i wasn't chosen, that some one could be my wife, my parents, my sister, my friends (or u) which at the end of the day, i may be losing some one i love.

thanks for choosing me. i'm happy that i was chosen.

"Getting cancer is a dose of bad luck. It's walking down the street whistling a happy tune, taking in the fresh air, looking at the clear blue sky, and then stepping in a huge steaming pile of dog shit..."

good or bad, it's how u look at it. :)


2 comments:

  1. "Why", "Right or Wrong" are always the fundatmental questions we've been asking ourselves throughout our lifetime. Happened that I watched "Heaven and Earth" (1993) last Thurs, there a farmer told his daughter the danger of such questions. Not a great film but worth seeing if you have not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, if you are strong, you should have the strength to help others even at this time. "With great power comes great responsibility" (Spider man :) Do your part...
    http://www.freerice.com/

    ReplyDelete