Wednesday, May 5, 2010

pig liver or my liver?

i once again shocked the world by being rejected for the chemo. this time round, my treatment coordinator gave me a very serious look. i failed my liver function test. my Alanine Transaminase is 3x the acceptable and my Aspartate Transaminase is 1.6x. i asked her is it due to me eating too much pig liver (retribution, now it comes to my liver. hahaha...)? she refused to comment anything.

treatment plan pushed forward by one more week. next wk if i got rejected again, they'll need to skip the last 2 sessions of chemo, jumped straight to the radio plus chemo. even if i cleared the blood test next week, they'll need to reduce the dosage to prevent complications as there's a possibility that my liver is injured.

after i surfed the web for elevated liver enzyme, i knew why she behaved that way. there is almost no definite answer for this again. the cause could be very serious, and there is almost nothing can be done on my side to lower it down. not like low blood count, eat more TEE KUA.

so... i'm in shit again. one more week added to my treatment, more things to worry (my liver this time, and whether should i stop eating pig liver to stop the retribution. hahaha...)

i started to do a "soul search" after leaving ncc and i came out with 2 conclusions. 1) could it be the century egg porridge that i eaten this morning? century eggs r known to be quite "poisonous", could it possibly stimulated my liver enzyme? 2) could it be the raw salmon that i'd eaten on saturday night and sunday night? doctor told me to avoid uncook food. these were the only 2 days i wasn't obedient.


2 comments:

  1. The karma was not on the TEE KUA obviously (if fully cooked)... It's likely the century egg and/or raw salmon. Again... Why you want to complicate the equation with these factors when you know you should not have them in the first place? Siong Siong control your BO CHAP behavior for few months lar for goodness sake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The karma was not on the TEE KUA obviously (if fully cooked). It is likely the century egg and/or the raw salmon. Again ... Why you want to complicate the equation when you know you not suppose to have them in the first place? Siong Siong control your BO CHAP behavior a few months for goodness sake.

    ReplyDelete