Thursday, June 24, 2010

1/3

1/3 of a whole is 33 percent. i am very proud that i'd finally gone thru 33% of the radio treatment. inclusive of the session today, i'd finished 12. to think that there r 21 more ahead is demoralising, but to date, i'm still fighting strong.

the radio doctor was happy with my condition. i yet to develop any burned skin at the head area; no ulcer in the mouth (some sores in the mouth but still bearable). the doctor was shocked to learn that i'd lost almost 100% my sense of taste because i'm still able to joke with him about my condition.

the only thing that upset the doctor was my weight loss. i lost 4kg over the tough weekend. he was worried that the mask would become too big if i continue to lose weight. remaking of the mask meaning additional cost on the hospital (not me). becos of this, i was quite mad with the radio doctor. frankly speaking, now i dun give a damn to my weight. i'm eating becos i need to replenish energy. i need to live on. i am not obligated to maintain my weight for whatever reason. as long as i get what i need everyday, why should i make my life miserable to please u?

Dr. DL was oso shocked to learn about my weight loss. after understanding my situation, he suspected it could be due to dexamethasone, one of the nausea-relief medication. he suggested i stop that medicine, and try taking only the kytril. but he insisted i should take the medicine, dun wait until i start throwing out.

today's chemo isn't really that bad. after my radio, my wife requested to visit the confectionery to grab a bite. when i stared at all the breads, puffs and cakes, i had absolutely no desire. but i know my wife will not buy anything for herself if i dun get something for myself, so i chose a twin muffin pack which consists of a blueberry muffin and a banana muffin.

during the chemo, i ate the blueberry muffin. to my surprise, it tastes (or rather it smells) fantastic. it wasn't sweet at all. but the muffin fragrance was so appetising and refreshing. it was the best food i'd eaten since last friday. i ate the banana muffin as well, not as good, but it still second the blueberry one.

so i know oredi. starting from tomorrow, i hv one more option for food, the muffin pack from sgh.

the muffins had given me more than just great taste and better appetite. after the treatment, we went to eat economical rice. i ordered porridge and some dishes which i thought maybe suitable for me. though tasteless, some of the food turned out to be acceptable for my throat and appetite.

so... life isn't that bad right? or is it becos the worst is yet to come? hahaha... i dun bother. what could be after the worst?


1 comment:

  1. Good to stay on with this mentality! what could be after the worst? It will be sweet...

    ReplyDelete