Thursday, July 29, 2010

best medicine

yesterday when i see Dr. DL, i told him abt that special pain in the nerve which occurs from the tongue/throat all the way to the head/ear. he prescribed me with gabapentin which is suppose to be a pain killer for the nerve. i also asked for more lidocaine as i need it for food intake.

before i gone to bed, i took some morphine and the gabapentin. then kept my finger crossed, hoping for a better night. i slept at 1am, woke up at 3am, had a sip of water, realised that it wasn't that painful like before, i continued to sleep, i woke up at 6am, had another sip of water and was happy that i could actually continue to sleep!! i stacked the pilllow, half lying on bed half leaning on wall for another hour, i had the best night for the past 3 weeks (or maybe longer?).

due to the lack of sleep, i'd been experiencing aches all over the body. arms, shoulders, back. my body had become very rigid, and my engine had been burning extra hard to keep it going. suddenly i got a full 7-hour of sleep, this is the best medicine for my conditions now.

after the sleep, i felt so much better (or could it be due to the turning point?). at least i'm totally refresh now. my breakfast taste better too. it boosted my confidence in fighting for recovery. 2 weeks, my target is to get fully recovered (from the side effects) in 2 weeks time.


No comments:

Post a Comment