Friday, July 30, 2010

recovering

for the past 3 days, i think my overall condition is slowly improving. i used the word overall, becos certain part of the body seems to get worse. it took me sometime to confirm that my worst time is over, now i'm recovering.

the best improvement is of course the number of hours that i'm able to sleep. with sufficient sleep, it helps in the overall recovery. my pain score dropped drastically. two days ago, i was still getting sharp pain every one or two hours. now, i'm getting it like once or twice, at most thrice a day. becos of that, today i only took 2 paracetamol, and one 5ml spoonful of morphine.

i tried to stop the anaesthetic gel but i couldn't. the only part of my body that isn't improving is the throat. it seems to get more and more painful over the past few days. otherwise i'm quite confident my tongue can do away with the anaesthetic gel.

my burned neck looks horrible, but it's also recovering. the wound dried up pretty fast and the clots were peeling off automatically.

in fact based on my overall "performance", i'm quite confident that by 15th aug, i should be able to go back to work, do some short runs, eat some solid food etc.




1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to hear that you are seeing the improvement. Nevertheless, if you visit http://www.epigee.org/mental_health/claustrophobia.html, you will know in actual fact there is no cure for claustrophobia. The only way out is to control and manage it...

    I'm giving you a suggestion now (I experienced it once I was admitted to hospital due to overdose in alcohol, cannot breathe). Do try it.

    Get yourself a paper bag with you, whenever you starting to feel the restrictions, breathe with the paper bag, observe your breathing pace. Use this method instead of running away from it (like going to the windows etc). If this works, your usage/need for this paper bag should as well gradually reduce and finally get rid of the habit.

    ReplyDelete