Saturday, July 17, 2010

endure

the past 4 days were really nightmare for me, and i think the worst is yet to come. my condition got worse and worse over time. now, i can no longer speak. i need to reject all the phone calls becos i lost 100% my voice. my throat is so painful it causes a very bad migraine. so instead of squashing my throat, most of the time i'm squashing my head. the ringing in the ears never go off for 3 days, even now it's still ringing. the best part, my tongue. i got two big holes on the tongue bleeding continuously. the pain, dunno how to describe, maybe like somebody using a hand-drill on the tongue?

every sip of water i need to force it down my throat. eating is a complete torture to me. frankly speaking, if i'd finished my radiation treatment, i rather go on empty-stomach.

half hour before any meal, i need to take the pain killer. before i "officially" eat my meal, i need to take the anaesthic gel. then i hv only 5 minutes to eat the food. the pain will start coming back after 5 minutes. u may think maybe the food is too hard for me. no, i'm taking soft liquid food like porridge and cereal.

well, most of the time i wasn't able to finish my food in 5 minutes. so what happen when the pain comes back? the very first time, i actually broke down and cried. my wife got a shock. i tried my very best to hide my tears from her, but no, the pain, the suffering, the misery overtook the rationality. my wife didn't know how to response to me. i could see the tears in her eyes, but she was trying very hard to control.

i learned the lesson. the moment the pain starts coming back, endure, eat faster, endure harder, eat even faster. if it gets too painful, stop.

the time that i spent lying on bed gets longer and longer. the pain is causing too much fatigue on me. sleeping is now the best activity for me, provided i can sleep. due to the pain and also the dryness of the throat, i need to drink a lot of water even in the middle of the night. so actually i didn't really get quality sleep at night.




1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure if I'm talking sense in the following context however I seriously think that you should by now consider of using additional drugs to assist you in pulling thru this last phase of treatment. Tried Oralbalance® moisturizing gel?

    You need external supplements to tide you over this period knowing that enough food and quality rest is your main priorities now. Relying solely on mental strength now perhaps not too practical for you since the pain will drift you apart from the above-mentioned priorities.

    Despite the shit you are going thru now and whether you are going to adapt to external supplement(for a short while) or not, I sincerely hope that you are still strong in mind as a whole. Endure Bro, the next water point ahead is within your visible range...

    ReplyDelete