Thursday, April 15, 2010

Dr. DL

Dr. DL was the best doctor i'd seen since the first day of my case. he is a abt 40 yrs old, his hair style is just like those pple who had gone thru 4 session of chemotherapy. i still remember my first acquaintance with him.

"u are a regular?", he asked.
"no i'm not."
"u were once a regular?", he asked again
"no, the only time i served army was more than 15 yrs ago during my ns."
"oh, u look like a soldier", he commented.
"u just had ur ict?", he asked again. i really wonder why he so interested in army.
"no, i MR oredi".
"so fast? how come?", he was very shocked.
"mine was 6 yr cycle."
"oh... u r a commando" he said.
"no, i was a commando, now i'm a cancer patient."
"dun worry, after the chemo, i guarantee all ur cancer cells would be killed"

it is this last statement that crowned him the title of best doctor i'd seen since my case opened. i'm sure he is aware of the responsibility of making such a statement. i also know that what he said may be exaggerating. after all who can guarantee? i appreciate his encouragement. unlike the radiation oncologist, Dr. DL encouraged me to keep up with my daily activities, just be more sensitive to my body calls.

3 wks later, when i saw him again in the consultation room, this is how he greeted me, "commando! looking good huh?"
"pls dun call me that, i'm now fighting for my own life", that's my response to him.
"dun worry, can see that u r doing very well, just keep it up and u'll be fine."

No comments:

Post a Comment