Friday, April 30, 2010

last day of work

today is officially my last day of work. after today, i'm going on "switch off mode". earlier on my boss has agreed that i work from home, but now he avoid bringing this up becos of the few projects coming in and already in.

still i dun care. the first two wks, i'll probably work 2 - 3 days a week, the last 2 weeks i can't guarantee, cos i'll again busy running hospital to do preparation for my radio therapy.

unfortunately, i'm not able to spend my "last day" peacefully in the office, i went to plaza singapura to meet up the DSTA guys regarding our application running in some of the military institutions.

i was early, and i saw carrefour having books sales outside ps. i saw a book titled "Cancer on $5 a day" by alan eisenstock. it's the true story of the comedian robert schimmel, on "how humor got me through the toughest journey of my life". the book was selling at $8. when i paid at the cashier, i pointed at the big "$5" sign and asked the auntie, "can i buy at $5?" the auntie got a shock. hahaha.... singaporean not homourous at all...

after the meeting, i went into carrefour wanted to buy a clipper to trim my hair. yesterday my mum got a shock on my appearance, i think i really look very scary, so time to do something again... i didn't manage to find a decent one in carrefour ps. i recalled carrefour suntec sold many of these clippers, so i took the circle line to promenade. exiting the station, i ran into a friend of mine (who is oso reading this blog). when i saw her, it was too late for me to hide (the path was quite narrow). it all happened in split second. i was looking at her, she was talking to her friend but eyes looking in front, we were less than 2 metres away, then....

miraculously, she didn't notice me (or recognise me). good and bad. good thing is i'm not prepared to face her. i would probably feel very uneasy talking to her becos i wasn't prepared to run into familiar faces. bad thing is... she didn't recognise me!!! i guess i really look very different now.

tried out the new clipper i bought. from the front, i look good but it's so difficult to trim the back, since i can't see behind. i guess it probably look horrible. hahaha... but doesn't matter, as i said, i dun mind look ugly, but i mind look like a cancer patient, esp now when i can still live a normal life. i wish to be seen as a normal person.


2 comments:

  1. Is it worse to be sick than Sian? Dunno man. I guess sian not necessary will equate to sick but sick will eventually equate to sian in a way... Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. no one to trim your hair for u meh?
    kangwei

    ReplyDelete