Friday, April 16, 2010

weight loss

according to my treatment plan, 3rd week was a resting week for me. doctor said that it would be a time where my immunity dropped to the lowest, underwhich my body condition would not be suitable to do chemo.

i started to develop very bad rashes over my thighs, neck, and even the face. acnes, pimples erupted just like volcanoes (i felt like i was back in 18 yrs old! hahaha...). my hair started to fall like the autumn leaves. the nausea feeling still continued.

i tried my best to jog every alternate days, keeping the distance below 7km. i ate 4 - 5 meals each day hopefully to gain some weight before i started to lose appetite.

29th of march, i weighed myself and found out that in less than 2 weeks time, my weight fell from 69kg to 64kg. i thought there was something wrong with the machine, so i brought 70kg of dead weight to calibrate the machine. after the machine was proven to be accurate, i switched on another machine to weigh myself again. then i was totally disheartened.

to other pple, losing 5kg in 2 weeks time may be a very trivial thing. but... i've been trying so hard to stuff myself with all the food, trying so hard to eat as much as i could, all my effort has gone to waste.

to think that i'm still able to eat now and i'm still losing weight, what will happen after my radio starts? i dun bother abt my appearance, but i won't allow myself to look ill in front of my parents and my wife. i dun wan to see their heart broken.

since then onwards, i'd been eating 6 - 7 meals a day. usually a double or triple breakfast, lunch, teabreak, dinner and supper. even if i'm not hungry, or dun feel like eating, when the time came, i'll look for food to stuff my stomach.

after a week, the result was pretty good. i managed to claim back 4kg and maintain between 67 - 68kg. although it's so hard to maintain, i believe i will be able to do it with my strong determination. i know it's going to be very tough and challenging, i will not allow my weight to fall below 65kg again.

5 comments:

  1. please my brother. never give up.
    kangwei

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losing weight not as bad as you think lah.
    As along as you still have appetite to eat drink.

    no need to add new challenge like weight target. just my view.
    Shaoxiong

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bro, weight lost is temporary..
    Our mind is the strongest organ in our body. keep it sharp and motivated.
    it's good to see you in strong fighting spirit.
    Zhaohong

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good and some sorry memories we had throughout these years, regardless raining or sunshine… our individual “worst experiences” (quoted because one overrides another in its form of degree) past eventually at one point of time. I have faith that you can overcome this round and you will definitely make it. Your priority now is to fight this illness (physically and mentally) instead of worrying about what your family’s members think. Align the correct expectations (tell them weight lose and/or your temporary look now is the journey to recovery) is what you should achieve instead of stuffing yourself with 4 or 5 meals a day. Get on to the correct diet you need please … Think straight bro.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually want to post this tomorrow instead of now. But in case I forget the content I have now in mind … so must well do now. :)
    If you need to cry, please do so. If you need a shoulder to do that, let me know. I’m not asking you to give up, on the contrast, I want you to let go your stresses and discomfort (in mind and body). I know you will not do that in front of your family but if you need to let it go, please do it and seek support from anyone of us. Act straight bro.

    ReplyDelete